Brett For Increased Safety in Bus Boarding and Traffic Containment
Brett Landscaping are today well recognised as being the UK leaders when it comes to specialist kerb systems.
Our Kassel bus boarding and Trief containment solutions have long been established as market leaders due to the innovation of their design, the support package Brett offer to designers and installers and their effectiveness in use.
Find out more about how these well proven products can help improve the safety for all users of the highway - as drivers, passengers, bus operators or pedestrians.
Specialist Bus Boarding Kerb For Safe And Easy Passenger Access
A major advance in public transport access and convenience, Kassel Kerb offers a unique solution for bus docking by providing a reduced gap between pavement and the bus platform. The results are safer, faster and easier passenger, wheelchair and pushchair access, providing a more efficient and accessible community transport service.
The unique profile of the Brett Kassel Kerb, with its smooth 75° face and bottom end radius, is specially designed to achieve this with no additional tyre wear when buses are pulling into their stopping bay. This in turn helps to reduce tyre replacement costs for the bus operating companies.
Features And Benefits
- Easy, safe and quick access for all passengers
- DDA compliant providing enhanced safety for disabled, elderly or visually impaired passengers and those with pushchairs, without delays
- Tactile diamond-shaped top surface for increased passenger slip resistance
- Clearly demarcates the area of a bus stop
- Available in two heights to provide a vertical/horizontal gap of less than 50mm for improved passenger access and safety
- Guides vehicle into optimum stopping position parallel with the kerb
- Unique, smooth concave kerb profile reduces tyre wear
- Ideal for shared bus and low-floor tram stops
- Available in a wide range of colours and textures from either cast concrete or cut granite to suit your design requirements
- A range of quadrant and radial units are available to create comprehensive bus stop or station solutions
- Single piece product design provides greater durability than ‘built-up’ systems
- Compatible with Brett’s tactile, flag and concrete block paving ranges
Since 1962, the Brett Trief Vehicle Containment Kerb system has been delivering high levels of vehicle and pedestrian protection across the country and is widely recognised as having made a substantial contribution to British road safety.
The Brett Trief Kerb has been specifically designed and proven to work in three ways to prevent vehicles leaving the carriageway:
- Firstly, the Trief Kerb is intended to present a clear visual signal to road users that it will prevent vehicles trying to leave the carriageway. Its height also discourages pedestrians from crossing the highway. The result is that the separate streams of road users are effectively segregated - a key contributor to enhanced road safety.
- Secondly, the Trief Kerb is installed with a 25mm upstand from the highway surface leading onto an inclined shoulder. This is essential to give road users an initial physical warning that their vehicle is leaving the carriageway and that they need to take action to bring their vehicle back onto the carriageway. The inclined shoulder will help the driver bring the vehicle back onto the carriageway.
- Finally, the Trief Kerb is designed to capture the sidewall bulge of a vehicle tyre within its concave section, thereby helping to contain the vehicle within the carriageway boundary. Once contained, the result is that the tyre is turned parallel to the kerb thereby minimising the upward traction available to the tyre and its ability mount the kerb.
Today, the Trief Kerb system continues to set the benchmark for vehicle containment kerbs, with a versatile range of easy-to-install, passive road safety components.
When specifying Trief we also offer a comprehensive design service to help ensure that you get the optimal solution. As part of this service we can also produce bespoke units to complete your project.
Contact us on [email protected] or call us on 0345 60 80 579 to find out more.